Things to keep in mind for your next waterjet cutting project
Keep these tips in mind when getting ready for your next waterjet cut project
- Plan on a tolerance of .005"
- Minimum inside corner radius: .020”
- Minimum holes diameter of .100”
- Max material thickness (link to chart)
- Max sheet size: 10’ x 13’ (the size of our tables)
- Minimum slot cut width: .030”
The fastest cutting speed has an 80% resulting finished edge. This typically has very visible lines called striations. This is best suited for an application where the edge quality is not important or it will be machined after.
60% is a medium-rough cut. The striations are not as noticeable as the 80% finish, and the pieces take a bit longer to be cut on the machines.
40% is a decent finish and is achieved by slowing down the travel speed of the waterjet stream. This is our standard cut and is most often chosen by our customers.
20% is a very high quality finish and is also the most accurate with a tolerance range of +/- .003”. This finish operates on the slowest cutting speed.